The Cook, under the direction of designated culinary management and supervisors, will prepare, present, store, and dispatch all food products, specifically, but not limited to Catering Service, Food Booth Creations and Restaurant. This will include various functions to pre-set menu specifications within the given time limitations as previously determined by the Executive Chef and Client, according to the standards of Wm. Beasley Enterprises Ltd. as determined by the Executive Chef, and in compliance with all health and safety regulations by ensuring adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling guidelines at all times.
|Energy and Stress||Team Work|
|Quality Control||Problem Solving|
|Accountability and Dependability||Operating Equipment|
|Ethics and Integrity|
- Ensure and provide consistent food preparation and the highest calibre of food presentation, following Wm. Beasley Enterprises Ltd. food service and hospitality standards, and ensure communication to the food service staff and supervisors, specifically but not limited to Food Production operations within the kitchen.
- Strong, effective and polite communication with all departments affecting the kitchen
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms and that food products are rotated to ensure high standards of freshness. Ensure refrigerators and storerooms are organized and maintained in the various kitchen areas on a daily basis and that all food products are stored in accordance with provincial regulations.
- Take an active role in the production and presentation of all food products to maintain the best quality food style possible while adhering to menu specifications.
- Aid in the transportation of all food products, to be sure it is arranged and presented up to the standards set by the Executive Sous Chef and the Executive Chef.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and positive manner.
- Ensure food is stored in appropriate containers, labeled, and rotated to ensure high standards of freshness, minimizing waste and maximizing quality.
- Aid in maintaining department objectives and ensure they are met and exceeded.
- Practice positive strategies to motivate fellow staff, encourage self-esteem and efficiency.
- Strive to advance your knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently share these with others.
- Strive to uphold a safe working environment and be Health and Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining and improving a safe work environment.
- Promote professional work habits, encourage fellow staff to act with integrity.
- Carry out other related duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain product consistency by following standards and regularly conduct inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food prepared as per culinary guidelines.
- All buffets, banquets, functions, and caterings are to be conducted in a timely fashion, ensuring readiness to start the event a minimum of fifteen minutes prior to the service time.
- Adhere to all Wm. Beasley Enterprises Ltd. Guidelines, Policies, Rules and Regulations.
- Follow and adhere to all checklists, prep sheets and par sheets as assigned.
- Complete assigned side duties and work duties within a timely manner, meeting required deadlines.
- Expedite on floor or in the kitchen as business demands.
- Ensure that the kitchen prep area is maintained at the highest level of cleanliness at all times, especially during food production. This includes: any food spills are cleaned immediately, all equipment is cleaned on a daily basis, there is no build up of grease or other stains on all equipment.
- Follow any and all recipes as they apply to any food products that you prepare, as determined by the Executive Chef.
- Ensure the proper use of scales and measurements in all recipes, portioning, and food production by both yourself and the staff under your direct supervision.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation procedures and food safe guidelines.
- Understanding of food handling and sanitation standards.
- Understanding of restaurant operational procedures.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors.
- Positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and a consistent display of professionalism.
- Innovative, detail oriented, and quality conscious.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and leadership.