Park Attendant – Ride Attendant
Assist guests on and off the attraction. Operate ride in a safe manner consistent with TSSA and Company operating procedures. Assure that all aspects of the ride cycle comply with normal safety procedures.
|Energy and Stress||Team Work|
|Attention to Detail||Problem Solving|
|Accountability and Dependability||Operating Equipment|
|Lifting up to 50 lbs||Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time|
- Collect tickets and/or ensure proper/accurate passes are worn.
- Ensure the maximum and minimum number of riders is adhered to at all times
- Ensure clients are the appropriate height and age for rides.
- Pull down safety bars, buckle seat belts, or secure harnesses. (Latch passengers in securely)
- Board passengers onto ride.
- Explain safety procedures to riders and ensure they are followed correctly.
- Operate equipment that starts and shuts down ride.
- Entice patrons by describing the actions of the ride.
- Inspect equipment to detect wear and tear.
- Stop vehicle and de-board passengers in case of emergencies.
- Provide assistance to patrons entering and exiting ride.
- Shut down ride if major repairs are needed.
- Space rides operated in cars or sections to avoid danger of collisions.
- Clean up debris around ride.
- Keep an eye on patrons and their movements to ensure they are not in any danger.
- Remove disorderly, obnoxious, or sick people from rides.
- Enforce all safety regulations and stay current with TSSA safety rules and regulations
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Able to undertake manual and heavy work
- Able to work for long hours and in all kinds of weather conditions
- Good physical fitness and stamina
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence and comfort in customer service and interacting with general public – including children
- Reliable, responsible and able to work as part of a team
- Enjoys working outdoors
- A criminal record check or a credit check may be required for this position.